Good morning from Georgia feat. scrambled eggs, Georgia wildflower honey, and Gracie May.
muscles are gross. why do you powerlift? You’ll get too big. why do you want to be bulky? aren’t guys intimidated by you? thats kind of scary. do people think you’re a freak? can you train me, i don’t want to look like you though. i don’t think girls should want to be so masculine.
Break the stereotype.
Frantically studying for an exam at 2:00 and it is 11:49
I shall update you all once I take this exam and nap/netflix the afternoon away
SEE YA SOON
Isn’t life excellent?
- I’m on my third day streak of eating chocolate ~in moderation~ slash ugh I am loathe to use such a term because really all I am doing is eating when I want to eat it and treating myself on all days of the week and it’s seriously such a beautiful thing to me to be healing my relationship with food once and for all.
- Seeing the sea once a week (at least) is magical - I can’t wait to live closer to it!
- I can bench 60kg still rah rah rah this is so exciting. I know I need to simply consistently start doing it so I get used to the feeling of the bar with the plates on in my hands.
- The avocados are good again and I am rejoicing.
- Part of my 750words.com morning ramble involves me coming with the agenda of three things I want to achieve in the day. They’re usually pretty trivial (I also have a hand-written to do list on my desk that I fill out every week), but it’s nice to set out what I want and put things in motion. I feel like I’m really fine-tuning my routine at the moment and listening to myself and what I want and it’s excellent.
- I went to the gym in a hideously bad mood with no real desire to snap out of it, and then I had my benching spotted by the flatmate of one the orthopaedic registrars I used to work with. IT WAS SO NICE just nattering away while hitting my year-old PR and I HAD FUN at the gym when I was seriously just expecting to turn up and ~punch the card~.
- I know I don’t have much externally to show for it, but I have found so much inner peace this year, having really chipped away at the awful horrible layers of my poor self esteem and its various self-destructive manifestations. It feels wonderful, but it is ever challenging. In some ways I’m not surprised I haven’t fallen hard for anyone this year - I’ve spent a lot of time trying to love myself more there just hasn’t been room.
- I think I would like to get out of my comfort zone this summer and play some kind of social sporting activity eeeeek.
- I’m actually pleased it’s hump day and not Thursday because it means life is slowing down a little bit for me and I’m enjoying so much of it (:
- PS bad things to discover when you are meant to be settling off to sleep with a book include this food blog and RealCarrotFacts
Reblogging for the point I bolded…I love this way of thinking. You da best Cbel ^.^*
I’m so happy you like my posts! That makes me really happy ^.^* I know I like it when my favorite blogs talk about their lives so I try to do the same for you guys.
Balsamic vinaigrette is my go to! I agree about store bought brands…olive oil and balsamic are the way to go.
- So I was bad and stayed up until 3 am watching Order of the Phoenix and the Half-Blood Prince…and ended up oversleeping and missing my first class. Ugh. But it’s okay cause I can miss up to like 5 lectures and this was my first one. Not planning on missing more *thumbs up*
- Oh yeah and watching Half-Blood Prince means I was crying in my bed at like 3 am over Dumbledore UGHHHH WHY J.K. WHY must you pull at my heart like this
- 1st photo: this was my lunch today! Lettuce, chicken salad, shredded carrot, onion, and pepper plus a banana on the side. Pretty good.
- 2nd photo: while I ate I read for my women’s gender studies class. Here’s a quote that I would like you all to read -
…In the process it was implied that ‘masculine’ and ‘feminine’ traits together constitute and exhaust the whole of human possibilities.
- Just something for y’all to think about. This class is further proving that we should always question why things are the way they are. It can be exhausting to think critically about this world and our way of life but it is necessary to do so in order to improve our knowledge. Be open to the unknown, no matter how scary that may seem.
- 3rd photo: selfie after my upper body workout! YAHOOOOO
- 4th photo: LUCKY’S COCONUT CHICKEN TENDERS ARE TO DIE FOR YASSSSS
Workout (9/8/14) Upper Body (lbsxreps), > = drop set
- Row: 500m, 250m
- Wide lat pull down: 60x15 75x12 90x8 > 60x12
- Cable row: 50x15 60x12 75x10
- Standing DB Sh. Press: 12.5x15 15x10 15x4 > 12.5x4
- Lateral DB raise: 5x20 5x17 7.5x12
- Front DB raise: 5x20 5x17 7.5x13
- Push press: 20x? (lol) 20x15 20x13
- Row: 250m
- Walk 10 minutes
Yay for a good workout! But now I am seriously exhausted so I’m gonna go take a shower and go to bedddd. LOVE YA GUYS.
after a workout
Bed time snack: edamame, carrots and hummus. I’m watching Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix instead of doing homework…I’m just telling myself I’m studying for my Harry Potter and Religion class…heh.
- I worked Friday and Saturday night and Sunday lunch. Pretty long hours but I really don’t mind working honestly. Hosting is easy and everyone is nice, so life’s good man. Plus, having money makes life slightly less stressful yay
- 1st photo: I got Lucky’s on Friday for lunch - spinach, quinoa, bell pepper, parm, chicken salahhhhd (spongebob reference anyone), and pizza bread. Oh and I got a thing of berries but like usual, I ate most of it before remembering that I like to share my food with you guys lolz
- 2nd photo: I went out that night after work yahoo!!! This is Megan. She’s one of my favorite people. We have lots and lots of fun.
- 3rd photo: On Saturday I went for my first run outside in a longgg time. I’m not sure if I’ve mentioned this on here before but I did cross country in high school and I miss it a lot. Running outside brought back lots of good vibes :)
- 4th photo: After running I hiked around on the bluffs for a little bit to cool off. It’s so pretty in Columbia…I love it here.
- Now it’s Sunday night and I’m relaxing in bed listening to the Blue Crush soundtrack aka one of my fav movies. I’m planning on going to the gym tomorrow and doing shoulders/arms/upper back + cardio possibly. I’ll obvi let y’all know
How was your weekend? Message me! ^.^*
Post legs day life: sleepiness, a burger over greens, the constant struggle up the stairs, a new 32 ouncer, and lots of ibuprofen.