The biggest women’s weight lifting myth is not that you will get bulky, it’s that getting bulky is a negative thing.
I’m getting lots of questions on what to ask when shopping for beef, so here you go! If anyone has anything to add, comment or message me.
Christmas & Dmitry enjoy the CF Games
I’m not sure I really like the term eating ~clean~ anymore…it implies that some foods are dirty and bad you know? But I’ll stop being facetious and tell you my must haves!
Basically, when I’m trying to fuel my body better, I just go for LOCAL and NATURAL foods. Some staples:
- chicken thighs (my love/addiction)
- ground beef (usually around 85%)
- bacon or sausage
- really, any meat that you like honestly. But make sure it’s local!
- good quality, REAL butter (Kerrygold is my current favorite, but I really want to find and try Lurpak)
- whole milk yogurt (Stoneyfield is really good)
- local eggs
- peppers: get all the colors of the rainbow
- mixed greens
- green beans (THE FRESH KIND that are all snappy and crunchy and wonderful)
- onions (one of the best ways to add flavor to food, in my opinion)
- garlic (^^^)
- sweet potatoes
- berries of any kind (usually whatever is cheapest lolol)
- coconut oil
- coconut milk
- coconut milk ice cream (maybe not a staple but it’s pretty damn good)
Also, when I’m trying to buy locally, I also try to find out more about the farm…I especially want to know if they treat their animals humanely.
Farmers markets are an EXCELLENT place to find great local veggies, fruit, and meat. And if your market doesn’t sell meat, check out a local butcher and talk to them about their selection, where it came from, and ask if they know much about the farm.
Happy shopping! :)
pretty much my life goals are to
- own my own gym
- own a golden retriever
- have a cute baby that I can dress up
- be able to go grocery shopping without looking at the prices of everything and then go to the checkout and be like “Oh wow that’s less than I thought it was gonna be”
- go to some event that requires me to wear a ball gown
- own a golden retriever
I am very sore.
- After I stretched and foam rolled yesterday I went to chipotle with Cait and got a bowl (chicken, mild and corn salsa, quac, and lettuce) and a bag of chips. I ate it all..even the whole bag of chips. IT WAS SO GOOD. Ugh I love you so much Chipotle.
- I fell asleep around 11 which is earlier than usual. Then I proceeded to wake up at 11:45 to what I thought was my bed shaking. I went to Caitlin’s room scared…hahaha. Now that I think back on it I think I was so tired that my muscles cramping felt like the bed shaking.
- I slept for about 10 hours, meaning I woke up late for class. It was all good though. I only got there like 10 minutes late.
- I just ate 3 eggs fried in Kerrygold butter and ugh it was so good. Fried eggs over easy are one of my many loves.
- Now I am lying in bed talking to you guys because I feel bad for not updating more often. Here’s more about my ~personal~ life:
+ I’m still working at Olive Garden and I actually really like it. I host tonight at 4 yay (???????)
+ The internship I mentioned a couple posts back is with my cousin’s art studio. I’ll do a post with more info about it later. Basically I’ll be doing social media/PR stuff for them.
+ Geology is going well. I’m actually really enjoying learning about the earth and rocks even though learning about rocks can be slightly dull sometimes. We played with play doh today.
+ I’m still loving living in this house with my best friends. We have a lot of fun hehe
+ I won’t be going back to Crossfit COMO until probably September/October when I have a more steady income. I contacted the owner to explain this to him and he said that I can clean, do social media, etc. to save myself money when I come back. I’M SO EXCITED ABOUT THIS.
+ I really want to try to find some Lurpak butter…
+ And haloumi cheese….
+ Oh yeah I want to try Keto. I’m going to talk to Cbel about this and ask for advice. Cbel if you are reading this I love you and can’t wait to chat hehe
Okay. I’m gonna stretch and go to Lucky’s and shower DOESN’T THAT SOUND WONDERFUL. I wish you lovely people could join me.
Ta ta for now <3
It’s definitely still something I love!!!! Sometimes life just happens, you know?
So I just had an awesome workout which I will post below, but I’m super tired so forgive me if this ain’t that exciting alright?
- Selfie after my upper body workout on Monday YAY.
- Lucky’s haul: I have a new obsession with this vanilla whole milk yogurt. IT IS SO GOOD. And mixed with that cereal it’s heavenly. Go buy it
- Oh yeah I’m incorporating dairy into my meals again. Still only eating grains at one meal/for one snack a day. My tummy seems pretty happy about this. And I really enjoy cheese.
- Here’s some random meals…ground beef cooked with corn, onion, and mixed greens. Topped with cheddar cheese and some random marinara cause why not.
- I’ll put fried eggs on top of anything
- LUCKY’S CURRY CHICKEN IS MY NEW OBSESSION
- It was macaroni day yesterday. I ate this whole box.
- Selfie while foam rolling after my workout today, which was:
- Rowing: 500m, 500m, 400m, all at about at 2:30 pace.
- Running: Ran 1.81 miles in 20 minutes. This felt pretty easy actually for not running in so long…the only reason I didn’t go longer was because my foot started hurting. Yuck.
- Cool down: Incline walking at 7.5% for 5 minutes. Foam rolling and stretching
- I didn’t really know what I wanted to do today so I just did some random ~cardio~. I thought about doing legs but I need to work on becoming more flexible before that. I need to take better care of my back and hips.
- I also don’t really know why I’m smiling in that selfie. I guess cause foam rolling hurts so good
Okay I LOVE YOU ALL VERY MUCH. Sending lots of light and love your way <3
So I have pictures and stuff to update you guys with YAYAY
But I have a test tomorrow and stuff to work on for my internship so if I don’t post today I’ll post tomorrow!
I LOVE YOU GUYS